My credit score is 577, and I have less than $1000 in medical collections, how do I resolve this?
I want to get a car loan. I was in an accident in September of 2013 and totaled my vehicle, which I had my grandmother co-sign for. The car was paid off by my insurance company. My credit is a 577, and I have about $740 in medical collections. I can only afford to make payments on it at this point but I read that if you acknowledge it, that the 7 years will start from the time of acknowledgement. So the 3 years that it has been in collections will not count. I was told to get a credit card, use it for gas and pay the minimum payment to build credit while I pay off my debt but I don't know that this is the best option to raise my score. As of right now, I only pay rent, my cellphone, and cable/internet. So I owe way less than I make a month. What do I do to get to where I can be approved for a car loan?