Question

tron61

LVNV Funding - Accounts disappear / reappear
I have some accounts listed under "LVNV Funding", which I am disputing because they are from old accounts which were settled over 3 years ago. Some research shows them to be rather slimy operators.

What I see on my credit report is that the accounts are marked as "deleted from my report", only to have, several days later, two "new" accounts added. Also, despite the fact that I have had zero contact from LVNV, I keep getting notifications via CreditKarma that the account "has become delinquent". How can an account, which has had zero activity, ever, and is marked by LVNV as being opened in January 2011, be suddenly delinquent? And, how can the same account "become delinquent" every month?

First, is it even legal for them to delete, and then create a "new" credit report account for the exact same thing? Second, what about their patently false "has become delinquent" reports?