Is it legal for one debt to be pushed from agency to agency hitting my credit each time?
So I have a defaulted student loan that began with Sallie Mae in 2007, there was an insurance payoff for non-payment, then the loans showed up on a separate line on my report. Later these loans showed up again as Fed Loan Servicing at the same time that Sallie Mae was reporting as closed. There were 2 original loans but they are now on my credit report 6 times. I'm not sure this is even legal. Want some answers.

Also, these loans are only showing up on Equifax. They do not exist on Transunion and as a result, my Transunion score is almost 70 points higher. I have no idea if they are on Experian or not. Why is it so difficult for each reporting agency to be similar? Why do we need 3 different agencies to relate our credit worthiness anyway?

Thanks in advance.