Question

MrWoodside

Is it a good idea to add another credit card even though I was just approved for one?
I'm 25yrs old, married with two children, and have good-excellent credit (credit karma 761). I am currently attending graduate school for physical therapy. I am very interested in accumulating points for travel/hotels for places such as the beach, Disney, and eventually international when the kids are old enough. I was just approved for the Barcalycard Arrival+ this month (Oct.), but I am interested in obtaining Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred cards. My longest credit line in a little over 7 years, but my average credit length is a shade over 3 years because of the Arrival+ approval. Should I apply for a new credit card now, and if so which one (Freedom or Sapphire)? My thinking is that I am relatively young and I plan on getting the cards eventually so why not get one and let it age from now, but I have very limited knowledge in the credit card world. It will ding me on credit history, but increase my credit - debt ratio. Any thoughts appreciated. Thank You!