I'm in a debt mgmt. program. How is this viewed in terms of my creditors?
I'm 15 months into a three-year debt mgmt. program. I just owe one creditor, so my credit counseling fees - through a non-profit organization - cost me only $5/month. When I started in the program, I owed $12,000 at 12.99% to Bank of America. My credit counseling folks were able to get the interest reduced to 5.99. I was asked to close out all open accounts, which I did. My credit score is currently 728. Once out of debt, how do you advise me to proceed in obtaining a 'good' credit card? Finally, how do creditors view consumers of DMP's? Thanks for helping me out! :) Rosie Girl