Question

askcorn

If I take my name off of a store card as an authorized user will that hurt my credit?
I am registered as an authorized user on one of my mother's store cards, yet I do not have access to the actual card and I haven't used hers in years. (I live in a different state now) Recently (after Christmas) she maxed out the balance and missed a few payments which sent my credit score from 680 to 591. I am a full time student and I am trying to improve my credit score before I graduate. So if I take my name off of the account as an authorized user is this going to further damage my credit?