Question

ldolinski

i want to take arrears child support off my credit report
Is there any debt consolidation or credit repair people that handle child support?

Most Helpful Response

Sorry, it's court order.

The only way this judgement for child support (because that IS what it is--a court order) can be taken off is after it is paid and, because of the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (a federal regulation) it will still show up for 7 years past the pay-off date and then it will vanish.  It cannot be removed before then.

AReid1967

But...What if your court ordered child support was forgiven 

(through a child support hearing)?

Arrears

If you have received food stamps or student loans, motion to the court to set aside arrears.

Arrears

I have been paying my arrears for 3 years the case has been open for 10 years but been in good standings for 3 I made my last payment now will that lower my credit score