Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
I payed the original creditor (medical bill), now how do I get rid of the collection notice?
I had to pay for some kind of office visit and didn't have the money to pay my doctor's office at the time. The bill went delinquent and was sent to collections. Before I was aware that this bill had gone to collections, I had to go see my doctor again. I had to pay the balance of the charge ($105, I think) before I was to make an appointment. I paid it in full but now I'm stuck with this collection agency still wanting their money that they have no record of me paying off.

Should I issue a proof of debt letter to try and get this resolved, should I contact my doctor's office or what?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.