I payed the original creditor (medical bill), now how do I get rid of the collection notice?
I had to pay for some kind of office visit and didn't have the money to pay my doctor's office at the time. The bill went delinquent and was sent to collections. Before I was aware that this bill had gone to collections, I had to go see my doctor again. I had to pay the balance of the charge ($105, I think) before I was to make an appointment. I paid it in full but now I'm stuck with this collection agency still wanting their money that they have no record of me paying off.

Should I issue a proof of debt letter to try and get this resolved, should I contact my doctor's office or what?