Question

Bprib0913

I have medical bills that have been in collections since I was 18, are they still hurting my score?
When I was 18, I had surgery that my father's insurance company didn't completely cover. I knew there were bills, but I was told by my Father that they were being paid. It wasn't until I got notices informing me that they were all in collections, that I found out there were not paid. I was wondering if it was hurting my credit more, by waiting to pay them? I am a full time college student, and I don't have the funds to pay the bills now.