Question

Flabbergasted

I don't understand a how a score can just drop suddenly 35 points for just an accountincreasing $100

Most Helpful Response

Late?

Possible that you got gigg'd for a "late payment" because the knuckleheads applied it incorrectly?

The articles here cover what factors can cause credit score changes, and one of these is increased utilization.  I recommend taking the time to read the articles and utilize the financial tools so you get a better understanding of how credit works.I learned a lot.

Depends - if you have $1,000 of overall credit limit, $100 puts you at 10% Credit Utilization, which will drop the score. If you only have $500 of credit overall, $100 will push you up to 20% utilization, which drops your score even harder. 
--

Best bet is to either get a larger credit line/limit, or not put $100 on it.

Flabbergasted

My credit card utilization is at 0% .. A load i have messed up, and took one of my payments as purely principal instead of that month's payment.  I called and the matter corrected, so they reverted the principal only payment to a regular monthly payment which increased that loan amount by the 100$ which dropped my score from a 765 to a 730 ... makes no sense to me.