How to get Book Club account removed from my credit report?
I opened a Book Club account 05-03-2006. Soon after I sent a payment for my purchase. In December 2006 I moved to another place and misplaced a whole lot of paperwork.
Several years later I find a letter from the Book Club that tells me that my account is past due. I called them but could not prove it paid without any documentation.

In January, I wrote the Book Club telling them that I had paid that account long time ago. They sent a letter asking me to fill out Inaccuracy Form but the letter states that amount due is owed. So I have an old letter that tells me that I had originally owed $27.70 and every credit report I have gotten says that I owe $40.00 and the most recent letter that I just received gives $64.22 amount due. I have been trying to get this information removed from my credit report. The charge is close to 7 years old and from $40. on a credit report as recent as last year of $40. to now $64.22 it seems that they are changing the numbers on file. Is there any way I can dispute this to the Credit Bureau once and for all?