Question

JoseLuis2487

how do I know if my credit is frozen?
When applying for a credit card at Macy's for example or a phone at T mobile, I am told that they cannot find any history of credit under my SS#. does this mean my credit is frozen? I haven't frozen it myself, is it possible to get frozen without my consent?

Most Helpful Response

contact the CB's each one transunion, equifax, experian and inquiry it could be just one or all 3 but they can help you

Only you can freeze your credit.  There may be a fraud alert, which is different.  A fraud alert means that someone with similar name and/or SS number may have tried to use your identity, but they aren't really sure.  This means you have to provide a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your SS card to prove who you are whenever you apply for credit.  However, jrhenry11's advice still holds true, call them and ask what is going on.

frozen account

credit karma is telling me that they can't find my information. than I was told to wait 72 hours due to frozen account. Well its been over 72 hours and I still can't get my information from credit karma