Question

Posted in Taxes

Tazmr2001

How do I get a tax lien removed from my credit report that has been paid in full
The IRS settled my tax lien last year and I have a paid in full receipt but it is still showing in public records I need to get it removed

Most Helpful Response

This is an easy fix.  You need to send the IRS a form 1277  Application for Withdrawal of Filed From 668(y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien (get it from the IRS website).  Complete it and send it to the IRS.  They'll send you a form 10916-A, Withdrawal of Filed Notice of Federal Tax Lien after Release.  You then send copies of that form to all three credit bureaus and it will disappear.  I've done it several times and it always works.

blondie140

I have a reciept that is stamped paid in full is that good enough?

bgreen2266

To complete Form 1277 You'll need to

Attach a copy of Notice of Federal Tax Lien [Form 668(Y)]

or

Serial number of Notice of Federal Tax Lien [Form 668(Y)]

and

Date Notice of Federal Tax Lien [Form 668(Y)]  filed

and

Recording Office where Notice of Federal Tax Lien [Form 668(Y)]  was filed

Tax lien

I have a public tax lien on my boat which i Paid, the reason why it didn''t come off was due to the mispelling of my name, I resloved that issue but it is stil on my recoord, whould like to know how to remvoe it.

If you are making payments to remove the Tax Lien, will they send updates as to showing payments are being made?  I have two years that need to be taken care of, so I just want to have the score reflect that I am improving.

unless if you got a written agreement for it to be removed once paid in full there is little you can do....it will stay on your report for 7-10 years SUCKS you wasted the money....you might be able to dispute with each beaura individually but its unlikly they will remove it

Help with listing an account paid.

I have an collections account that was paid in full, but it is not showing paid in full on Credit Karma.  Trans Union has it marked paid in full.  I have contacted Credit Karma and explained this to them, but they tell me that Transunion has to have it marked paid in full, WHICH THEY ALL READY DO!  So I would like Credit Karma to update my account to show that it is paid in full.

If Credit Karma is going to do credit reports they should update monthly so that their credit report on people is accruate!  My account is not accurate with Credit Karma since they list one of my accounts still in collections when that account has been paid off since like April of 2014!!!!!!

It is not a tax lein, or anything like that!

Please help!

isurname

Who cares if they don't update their own site. No one will look at that for credit information, it's a website that helps (tried and failed) the consumer to track their own credit.