Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
How do I contact the credit reporting agency to report a deragatory mark that has been removed?
I received my free annual credit report within a year and the mark that I'm referring wasn't on there at that time. I had a mark that had been disputed and cancelled. I have the letter verifying this information. Yet, it still is on my Trans Union credit report.

How long does it take for my credit report to show that the mark had been removed? It had been several months when it was supposedly removed by the collection agency.

Any advice would be appreciated!


Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.