how can i find out who put a derogatory comment on my name?

3tdur

Most Helpful Response

I'm trying to find out the same thing. If Credit Karma shows that there is a derogatory comment, then they need to show what it is and who said it!!  Just telling us there's a derogatory comment does us  ZERO good -  If they don't say what it is & who said it, then how in the world are we to know who lied about us? I have GREAT credit and there should not be any negativity on any my accounts. Thank you very much!

Response by
jules1jdh

What CK mens by "Derogatory Comment" is in the description:

Accounts in collections, bankruptcies, civil judgments, and liens are items on your credit report called derogatory marks. To maintain a good credit score you should avoid any derogatory marks on your credit report. It can take from 7-15 years for a derogatory mark to be cleared from your credit history.

Usually you will need to get a copy of your credit report(s) to see who actually placed it there. If you haven't already, get all three reports free @ www annualcreditreports com. If you already did that this year, and if you were declined credit, (the dreaded decline letter), contact the credit reporting agencies directly and request a free report.

If it is a new remark, it is a good time to find out who or what did it. ID theft may have got a card and didn't pay. Otherwise you should already know who made the remark.

Hope that helps.

qtrtilldawn

how do i get charged off credit cards off my credit report? they have issued 1099's and i paid the penalty last year. 

Response by
CindiSmith

Pull your free credit reports at annualcreditreport.com

Response by
scamps218

Go  to the source who you paid and they have to submit to the 3 credit reporting agencys.

But I dont like leaving things in others hands.

I would still do this.

Make 50 copies of a letter simply stating your account # proof that it was paid attached and just detail for each credit reporting agency.

Then start mailing letters to all 3. Like every 1 to 2 weeks until it gets removed.

They by law have to prove that your wrong or remove it w/ in I think its 30/60 days. 

It can be a long process. but anytime there is something on your credit report that isnt correct thats what you should do.

prove it or remove it basically. and thats what they have to do.

I cant remember which agency is the tough one, but 2 of the 3 to ok care of it no problem.

It can take a few months, i had to go through it myself before.

But the company that you paid should have submitted it to the credit reporting agency.

Hope that helps.

Go Steelers!

Response by
lovemybeamer2

i am tn13nanas husband im on her site here tyring to figure out why she can't see her notifications on her site but i can see mine on my site .does anyone know why please help thank you

Response by
tn13nana

Review by
CK Moderator

it shows up on my credit karma site but don't on my wife's she has no notification to find out who and how much she owe's Why?

Response by
tn13nana

I like your answers but  how can i find out who put a derogatory comment on my name? 

Response by
llccrryy

Submit to the Community