Homeless, IN DEBT and IN Collections - HELP!!
I lost my job in 2008 and I have not been able to find employment. I was making $50k/$70k a year, so I have creditors I cannot pay - about $50k. I owe the IRS (who has me in non-collectible status, but fees and penalties keep accumulating)($6k), I owe state taxes ($5k), and I have one judgment against me due to eviction.(4k)

I am in the accounting field and have been afraid of filing bankruptcy, so I keep passing that option. For me, is it better to have delinquent accounts on credit report or bankruptcy when employers do credit check for the accounting positions I apply for?

Right now I am homeless living in my car, I am paying my car payment ($390) & car insurance (barely with unemployment insurance) ($286/week), trying to keep my last two credit cards current with payments ($300). I am on food stamps and I get a free cell phone from Safelink for emergencies.

Since I am homeless, I park (live) in MD, DE and PA, so I use the last of my unemployment benefits for gasoline. (I have to keep moving, so no one reports me for parking all night.)

I just don't know what to do? What should I do???