Question

54Sandy

Does anyone have Deville Management on their credit report?
This just occurred on my credit report this morning. Have never received a phone call or correspondence from this company.

This - Deville Asset Management- popped up in my credit report 3 days ago as well. I tried to call them at their toll free number and the other number they had listed on their website, nobody answered the phone and it went straight to music playing. I have no clue who they are and they do not match any of debt that I know of - I'm in a process of paying off my debts and I have a debt binder that I keep track of. This "Deville MGMT" is not corresponding to any of debts that I have in my binder. I filed a dispute, so I'm waiting to hear back after they do their dispute investigation. I also went to the Deville website and sent them an email, but I still have yet heard back from them. 

54Sandy

I filed a dispute as well.  It said the open date for this was just last month January 10,2017, never heard or received any correspondence from them.  It seems like every time you try to get your credit in order, someone is out to destroy it.

J11578

This popped up on my credit report today and the reporting date was January 10, 2017, the same as 54Sandy.  I spoke to someone there and they said that I owed money to them but couldn't provide any proof other than HSBC asked them to collect the debt and an old credit card #.  I contacted HSBC and they said that the account was paid and no money was owed. I filed a duspute and complaints with the department of banking and Insurance, the FTC and the consumer financial protection bureau.  This is clearly a scam and they're trying to get money from people.  I never received anything from this company, but all of a sudden there's a collection account and my credit has dropped.  If you've been affected by this company, I urge you to file complaints with the agencies that I mentioned.  The people at HSBC sais that I was the 3rd person today to complain about Deville, also look at their Google reviews - this has happened to a lot of people.

Thanks so much for your help.  

J11578

Sandy, I called Deville and they were no help.  I called transunion and filed a dispute with them.  I also called the attorneys general and other agencies and filed complaints.  Yes, it's time consuming, but these people should not be getting away with this. 

Most Helpful Response

Deville Diapute

I disputed this and it was taken off as well as LVNV Funding.  If you have either of them on your report, it is well worth the dispute.

J11578

Removed for me as well.  This company needs to be stopped.  The good news is that the credit score goes back up instantly and the CK score (transunion) is the same score as when I pulled it from transunion.com, so it's accurate or it was for me at least. 

Scam?

They just showed up on my report also!!

J11578

Please see my response above and file complaints with the proper agencies.  These people need to be stopped.

54Sandy

Did you file a dispute or did you call them directly?

Deville

I received them on my report today as well....reported to the Consumer Financial Protection Agency.

Deville Mgt

I also had a collection from this company reported a few days ago.  I have no knowledge of this debt and after reviewing some other resources online I find this to be just another scum collections agencies trying to collect on debts that are not yours or too old to report.  This is the second on of these collections I have had reported in the last 6 months that I did not owe.  After disputing the first one, it was removed from my report.  I have read multiple posts about this happening all the time now and all you can do is dispute the charges.  There is however several law suits filed against this company for their fake collections that I have seen that have forced them to pay their victims, so I guess a lawsuit is an option. 

J11578

Please make sure you dispute and report this company to the CFPA, the BBB and the attorneys general in Texas as well as the Department of Banking. 

J11578

After you disputed the item and it was removed, dod your credit score go back to where it was before the collection?  If so, how long did it take?  Thank you.

Then, since it is unknown to you and could be an error, file a dispute with the credit bureaus reporting it. How to do so is covered in the articles here.

J11578

It's not an error, it's a scam.  It's amazing to me that a company can just put a collection account on someone without any proof.