Do student loans affect my credit?
Particularly, will they affect my approval odds for future loans like credit cards with travel rewards, car loans, or mortgages?

I'm currently a student in a masters program, and once completed I will have about $80k cumulative in student loan debt (undergraduate + graduate). I've applied for a credit card about a year ago and was denied because my debt-to-income ratio was too high. At the time, I was only grossing about $10k a year working part time as a student, and had only began building my credit a few years prior, so my score was in the low high 600's/low 700's. Now my score is in the "Excellent" range. I get many pre-approval offers for credit cards, but I don't know what information they base that off of, and don't want to get another hard inquiry on my credit only to get denied due to my student loans impacting my debt-to-income ratio.

I am curious to know what impact my student loans will have on my credit. Any info is super appreciated!