Hi, my wage's have recently started being garnished from a auto dealer for whom i had bought a car from roughly 8yrs ago. I did not receive a letter or anything from them before garnishments but was notified by my payroll department about it shortly before it started happening.
I bought the car back in 2007 turned it in roughly a yr later and have never heard from the dealer ever since! Not once! Early this yr (2016) i was notified by payroll and shortly after, my wages started being garnished. My address of residence has changed from back in 07-08, how can they find out where i work but not know my new address where they can send me a letter of the garnishments? Also, i've looked into the dealer and found out they are permanently closed as of 2 months ago (today is, 05/27/2016) do i still owe them? And if so, what can i do to try and reverse or rather dismiss everything.. I have considered bankruptcy but would hate to do so for only this.

I didn't say anything the first time you asked is because it might be a legal issue. I don't believe they can garnishing your wages without a judgement, and judgements have longer enforceable period and can be renewed/extended, then you do need to back it back, however, the question here, is the judgement "legal" and it's still enforceable? Or was it filed properly? So you might want to consult with a attorney or very least research the ins and outs of the judgement, like in your jurisdiction? Do you need to be notified about the summons or their intend for legal proceedings and after the verdict is rendered, what constitutes or satisfies a "notification", was it done in the timely and proper matter, how was it done? what's the Statue Of Limitation to file a lawsuit for that type of debt in your jurisdiction, was it filed with-in that time frame, was it filed in the proper the jurisdiction, did the Plaintiff have the authority to collect,/sue, who own the debt? the original creditor? Was dealership the original creditor or was it financed thru a lending institutions? Did they sold the debt to the collection agency, if so? Is that collection agency have license in your State or dose your State even requires collection agency to have a license... On and on and on... That's if you wish to challenge it.

Sorry it's not the reply you are looking for, but when comes to credit? There rarely is an simple yes or no answer.