Question

rikuoreo

Didn't want a loan. They shoved one on me. What do I do?
I went to Cleveland State for about a year. When dealing with enrolling for financial aid I was unaware I had to sign a promissory note in order for my GRANT MONEY to fund. (Does this make sense to you?.. Me neither). Because I didn't send them the promissory note I lost my financial aid and I owed the school about 2.5k for a semester of schooling. Instead of putting in collections they sold it to ECSI and it registered as a delinquent loan (180 days passed due) for about a year. REASON BEING!? I wanted to enroll into payment plans but was only able to through the school according to ECSI and according to the school Visa Versa. Finally in January ECSI changed their policy and allowed payment plans. Which is why the company was even hired in the first place according to their website. Decided to pay it in full because I was told it wouldn't help my credit.

What should I do? Should I try to dispute it?.. Let it pass?.. The balance is off my credit and the account is closed but those late payments probably still effect my score?

My current CK score is 622

I have 9 inquiries. 6 of them are when the dealership ran my credit to get me financed for my car.

1100 available credit limits 5% utilization.

I applied for a Kay card approved for 5k just so I could improve my score Alittle.

I want to be able to refinance my car in half a year.

Everything is being paid on time. More than minimum.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?