Denials for loans I didn't apply for
In the last month I've received two personal loan denials. I never even heard of these creditors - Best Egg Loans (I def would've remembered that name ;) & the other is Lending Club. The Egg people sent a denial in the mail. Lending Club sent denial via email, stating I filled out an online app. I NEVER would apply for a personal loan, because I know I would be refused. I am just getting started rebuilding after a 2012 foreclosure. I happen to be one of the two million+ gov/fed employees who work/worked for the fed government (post office, retired) and had my info taken in the hack of their system last summer. BUT...they gave us 3.5 yrs of free credit monitoring, bank accounts monitoring & other monitoring, can't remember right now. So I would've been notified of anything out of the ordinary, I would think. I don't understand why this happened (& may con't). These are hard pulls on my credit. I managed to raise my score from 488 last summer to 'fair' 643, until it dropped back down to 603 'poor' two weeks ago. I'm going nowhere really fast. : ( Why would the credit bureaus take my word that I didn't apply for the loans & take off the fraudulent info? How could they see it was someone else that applied?

Most Helpful Response

It has been my experience that if you visit certain websites, your information is sometimes captured. I also know if you apply for certain online loans, personal or not they can be funneled to site like Lending Club. It's also possible you're just getting junk mail. Individuals with poor credit are often targets for these kinds of loan companies. If you haven't applied, they atempt to trick you into applying so they can charge you high interest on loans. 

Of course none of that explains why your credit score dropped, hopefully you get everything situated soon. If your indentity protection is already active, I would run these inquiries by them to see if it's something they can do. 

You might have to fill out a police report and give that number to the CB's so that you can get those removed.