Question

Kcncc2

Credit score drop after fraud
If anyone knows why this occurred, or has this happen to them, please enlighten me.

through no fault of my own, I have a discover Credit card account that I proactively check more than once a month. I got on to pay the monthly balance off and noticed that there were pending charges that I did not make, nor did I have any idea who made them. I contacted discover and they said it's just one of those things that happened. The rep told me it was an easy fix and they would give me a new account number along with new cards. Nothing would be affected and it would all go smooth.
Here we are 10 days later. I did get my new cards, everything appeared to be transferred on my discover account, but I checked my credit scores on creditkarma and both transunion and equifax had dropped by 25+ points. The stated reason was because my discover account had been closed/dropped and I no longer had any of that long history to maintain my score. Why? My account is still open according to discover....

what makes it especially painful is that we had planned to run credit for mortgage apps this week, but this completely unforeseen drop has bumped us into a lower bracket and we can't get the best rate. I am absolutely livid, mostly because I did nothing to cause this and wasn't warned that anything like this would happen!
What can I do to fix this?
Prior thanks to any advice from anyone.