Question

Remark4

Credit Karma score compared to FICO score. If my CK score is 730 what would my FICO score be?
Looking for a ballpark answer. Just wanting a guesstimate if my CK score is around 730 what would my FICO score be? Just wanting to know how much higher I need to be to get a good rate.

It will be muuuuuuuuch lower, I made the mistake of trusting ck scores and was rudely awakened when I went to get a mortgage. I had over 700 on both scores here and they were 615 and 632 from the same bureaus on their report. Mortgage company says they hear this every day multiple times a day and wondered why credit karma doesn't do something to bring their scores more in line with reality. Simply you can use this to see what info is on your report and help you to know what things to pay off, but that's the end of its usefulness. Discover now offers free fico scores but you can only check once a month. Theirs was right on the money with my real score.

Good kuck

GoodKarmaMan

could you please spellout the discover card deal's web address.   I am having a whole lot of unnecessary trouble getting the right web address. I would really appreciate that..

Ml0345

The same exact thing happened to me. My score was in the 700s & I thought we can easily get a mortgage haha nope! I would have never applied had I'd known

PhoneyBaloney19

Good information to know, thank you!

Deear

I’d like to share my story too. Just a few weeks ago i was homeless, i was jilted by my online lover. and he had robbed me of everything i had. By the time i realized i was being played, my credit score was already 458 , i had an eviction on my report and a large debt on my credit. I was on my way to the little corner behind the store where i normally sleep when i saw a fellow homeless person who i met some days ago and he was looking so changed and successful. I immediately began to beg him to tell me how he made it so fast and because i had told him my story when we previously met, he understood my problem and gave me the contact of the hacker that helped him. i contacted the programmer (ex FICO and Experian agent) and he fixed my credit, raised my credit score and cleared all negative listings on my credit in less than 9 days. I would have kept quiet about this, but i won't be able to forgive myself for not helping people who are in terrible conditions like i was. "gmorrison741 @ g m a i l . c o m" is the programmer's email address. I wish you good-luck. Y’all can thank me later. 

Aloha, VANTAGE Scores are a good PROXY

Aloha Folks,

VANTAGE Scores are helpful tools, but you have to 'take them with a grain of salt'. YES, it's not the same score as your FICO score, but it's close enough to be helpful for the majority of folks out there looking to keep score with their credit score. I see some folks here complain, and other folks here praise this helpful tool. The bottom-line truth is, if your VANTAGE score is going down over time, your FICO score will be hurting too, but if your VANTAGE score is going up over time, you can believe that your FICO score is too. That's what the Vantage score is good for, as a PROXY to your real scores to help you keep tabs on how you're doing. If you're that concerned about accuracy, then it might be worth it to sign up for EXPERIAN's credit monitoring services to see what your actual FICO scores look like.

As for me, I find that my VANTAGE score and my FICO score are very close most times, and not that far apart. So for me at least, getting a FREE VANTAGE score is a good deal.

Take care and stay awesome folks.

Nomadre

One point you have missed though is that there are many FICO scores, not just one.  So even with something like experians credit monitoring, they will only give you one of the FICO scores, and that can be a different FICO than a mortgage lender will use.  I do like your use of proxy though.

nathanspain86

I've found this to not be true. My "Vantage" score went up about 50 points in the course of a year while my FICO score remained the same.

Depends

It depends on what score you're looking for. The credit karma score is a vantage score whcih uses a different algorithym to determine your score. MyFICO will give you your auto score, mortgage score, and bank card score thats most commonly used by lenders

Deear

No ball park

What you see here is called a Vantage 3.0 credit score, and some places do use this scoring system.  But really you can +- 50 points on what a mortgage lender will give you..... Why?  Because there are over 20 types of FICO, and some even use their own scoring system.  Each scoring system will factor certain things from your credit history (stored in the three major data bases 2 of which you can see here in CK) with a slightly higher or lower ranking.

Even many credit cards now will give a FICO, I have two that do, and if you read the fine print you will see which one. Mine use FICO 8 that gives weight to factors that revolving creditors want more.

Your best bet is to talk to a reputable and trusted in the industry mortgage broker to know, but each company they may submit you for again can show a slightly different score than what even they see.

CK sucks

my CK score is 750, checked today and my fico is 670!

vas575

Bite the hand that feeds you???  CK does not suck.

Accurate!

Compared my CK scores to my Discover card FICO scores and they matched perfectly! I know Discover is legit, so It wouldn't hurt to create an account and compare monthly! The Discover account is free!

Check with your Credit Card

Lots of credit card companies are offering free monthly updated FICO score from one of the 3 agencies. My FICO scores are about 10% lower than my CK scores...

Deear

There is absolutely no way of guessing this. You will need to purchase your FICO scores somewhere. Myfico or Experian would be places to go.

The whole Score System Stinks

How is nobody going on the legal barricades about this? Lenders telling you that they're using a different algorythm blah blah just to tell you a lower score and subsequently raising your intrest rate for the loan. all a big scam. Why do we have these three Bueros in place for, when their calculations are not been credited.

all a big scam to get the Banks the most $ of you struggeling People.

Discover uses vantage score