Question

Remark4

Credit Karma score compared to FICO score. If my CK score is 730 what would my FICO score be?
Looking for a ballpark answer. Just wanting a guesstimate if my CK score is around 730 what would my FICO score be? Just wanting to know how much higher I need to be to get a good rate.

Aloha, VANTAGE Scores are a good PROXY

Aloha Folks,

VANTAGE Scores are helpful tools, but you have to 'take them with a grain of salt'. YES, it's not the same score as your FICO score, but it's close enough to be helpful for the majority of folks out there looking to keep score with their credit score. I see some folks here complain, and other folks here praise this helpful tool. The bottom-line truth is, if your VANTAGE score is going down over time, your FICO score will be hurting too, but if your VANTAGE score is going up over time, you can believe that your FICO score is too. That's what the Vantage score is good for, as a PROXY to your real scores to help you keep tabs on how you're doing. If you're that concerned about accuracy, then it might be worth it to sign up for EXPERIAN's credit monitoring services to see what your actual FICO scores look like.

As for me, I find that my VANTAGE score and my FICO score are very close most times, and not that far apart. So for me at least, getting a FREE VANTAGE score is a good deal.

Take care and stay awesome folks.

Nomadre

One point you have missed though is that there are many FICO scores, not just one.  So even with something like experians credit monitoring, they will only give you one of the FICO scores, and that can be a different FICO than a mortgage lender will use.  I do like your use of proxy though.

It will be muuuuuuuuch lower, I made the mistake of trusting ck scores and was rudely awakened when I went to get a mortgage. I had over 700 on both scores here and they were 615 and 632 from the same bureaus on their report. Mortgage company says they hear this every day multiple times a day and wondered why credit karma doesn't do something to bring their scores more in line with reality. Simply you can use this to see what info is on your report and help you to know what things to pay off, but that's the end of its usefulness. Discover now offers free fico scores but you can only check once a month. Theirs was right on the money with my real score.

Good kuck

No ball park

What you see here is called a Vantage 3.0 credit score, and some places do use this scoring system.  But really you can +- 50 points on what a mortgage lender will give you..... Why?  Because there are over 20 types of FICO, and some even use their own scoring system.  Each scoring system will factor certain things from your credit history (stored in the three major data bases 2 of which you can see here in CK) with a slightly higher or lower ranking.

Even many credit cards now will give a FICO, I have two that do, and if you read the fine print you will see which one. Mine use FICO 8 that gives weight to factors that revolving creditors want more.

Your best bet is to talk to a reputable and trusted in the industry mortgage broker to know, but each company they may submit you for again can show a slightly different score than what even they see.

There is absolutely no way of guessing this. You will need to purchase your FICO scores somewhere. Myfico or Experian would be places to go.

Your FICO

Your credit score is your FICO Score. What you are looking at is your FICO Credit score. However, there are now different types i.e FiCO 3.0 or 5.0 and others.

fico score

if my score is 588 what is my fico score

deedee5669

Enter Your Reply