Question

aressupreme

Cosigned Charged-Off Private Student Loan Need New Student Loan
When I was 19 I cosigned a student loan of approximately $30,000 and it was approved. Now many years later, (I am 27) and the loan has last been reported March 2013, the loan is now charged off.

Many credit mistakes later, I am now in a position to fix my credit financially except for that $30k loan. The major issue here is that I am in school and desperately in need of my own private student loan. If I am able to pay off all accounts, keep my credit rising, etc, is there any chance that anyone will approve me for a private student loan if I never pay this student loan? I am aware that in a few years it will fall off of my credit report, but I can't exactly tell my school to wait and I am already far behind in my education.

I have already exhausted my federal loan options.