Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

1 Contribution
15 People Helped
Collection Amount Different from Actual Amount: What Do I Do?
Hello everyone, I am seeking some advice and help on what I have to do, or what I can do here. I had a delinquent account with Arrowhead water for the amount of 82.53, which they know about and it's in their system. I could pay them directly and they would then send the notice to the collection agency.

However, the collection agency states that I owe 175 dollars to Arrowhead. Both numbers are different and I verified with Arrowhead that if I were to pay them the 82 dollar amount, my account would be settled.

I understand it is my debt and I am more than willing to pay, but I do not owe 175 dollars and will not pay that amount. I need help with what to do because that collection should not appear on my credit.

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.