CC says my score is 668 what auto loan companies are good for a loan form e
So my credit score according to CK is 668 Trans and 660 Equi..I am in need of a replacement vehicle..mine is a 200 truck with 300k on it....what auto loan companies are the best. We did have a Chapter 13 discharge last year..we completed the plan..i have a steady job and 0 debit at this point...

I want to choose a lender that will work with someone like me and with my scores

any advice??

I would try ally financial. They approved me when I was 18 with a credit score of around 660. I had some credit cards before I got a car loan. My interest was high due to not having a co-signer. Was able to refinance it 6 months later and go from 16% to 4%. Hope this helps!

Bradrkz, thats an awesome drop in interest!!!  Congratulations!!!

Most Helpful Response

Its possible!

I just bought a 2015 nissan versa note SV.  credit karma showed my credit score as 696.  when I went to do the car loans, it actually is 647 (I already knew it was in the 650s).  Be very skeptial aout credit karmas scoring method.  (it now shows that I "Dropped" points to get to 647, but like i said, i already knew that was my true score). 

BUT, I was able to get 1500 for my 2001 chevy cavilier with 1000 down and 2500 dealer  rebates, so that versa, after I added some packages (extended warranty, etc) was 15333 before I financed it.  I have a 4.1% interest rate with ally bank.

I would see what you could get for your truck, then pull your actual score from the websites of the big 3.  THen look at the vehcile you want.  I literally just went looking, didnt have my heart set on anything besides not a car and under 15k.  And if you have a s\mart phone, I'd down load a payment estimator calculator ap.  Be willing to walk away (thats how I got an extra 1k off).  You should be able to get a decent car for a decent price, depending on your downpayment, tradein, and score.

Shop around at different lending institutions. Some will Pre-Approve you for a loan up to a certian amount. You will not have to have the dealer run your credit and you can only concentrate on the best price, not payment amount.