Capital one removed item from my credit report, now it shows up new under a different name

This is my first post no here, so bear with me if I make any mistakes. I had a card from Capital One that I didn't pay off, and it was reported in 2012. Since then, I've always seen it on my credit report, when I check. Around the end of last year, my score went up a few points, so I wanted to know why. I started looking into my CK report, and noticed I didn't see Capital One anymore - on Transunion or Equifax. So, about the beginning of March, my Equifax report dropped a few points, and it's saying new account in collections, and it's saying Portfolio RC, and that the original creditor was Capital One. When I go to View Collections in Report, it's saying nothing of the original date (2012), instead it's saying opened February 2015. How is this possible? And if this is the case, why is it now doing these changes over a year after it's saying that it's opened? Is this normal?