Question

jdavidhawkins

Cap 1 gave me wrong payoff amount. My report shows "late payment"
In August I called Cap 1 for a pay off balance for my credit card. They gave me an amount which i transferred IMMEDIATELY to pay off this credit card. 2 weeks later they charge interest on the pay off balance they quoted me, NEVER contacted me, charge me a "late fee" of $15.00 and reported me to credit bureaus as being in "arrears" on my credit card. I called them and they refunded the $15 fee and apologized. They told me they would reverse the negative report. It's been 3+ months and NOTHING has been done! It's STILL showing on my credit!