Question

HeavyBorax

Can you get "late payments" removed from your file?
I went through a bad period a few years ago where I got behind with three companies, including my mortgage. It put me 60 days late. Since then, for two years, I've made "timely" payments, but marked as 60 days late. I caught up in two accounts and paid off the balance, but the third is my mortgage.
I shifted my mortgage to a new program that made me on-time again in January of this year. Currently, my credit score is terrible, but improving. If this long string of 60 days late wasn't there, my score would be fantastic -- were it not for those two months three years ago. Ideas?