Question

xena808

can i possibly request to delete my close or charge off account?
I was wondering if I can be able to eliminate by requesting the charged off account to my credit report.

Request charge off removal

There are certain way to take out "Charge Off".  I have done it three specific ways:    

1. First, you can call them and ask them to remove it.

2. You can write a letter to the creditor asking him or her to take the charge off and please make sure that the letter has been certified and also check online that the letter was recieved.

3. Last thing you can do, is go online to the three main credit site, sign up with (annualcreditreport.com) and dispute the charge off, if they deny you, keep on fighting with them until they are removed. 

If this does not work out you can call a lawyer and ask him to help you remove it.

Most Helpful Response

Request charge off removal

In my experience charge offs can legally remain on your report for any numer of years determined by the creditor. However, if you have paid off the "charge off" and have not acquired an uncooperative rapport recorded in your collection file, most creditors will comply with such a request. After a number of years, even your creditors' hearts can soften.

Charge off

Much has been close sent 2000 and the creditors are and has been put on my closed in 2011 and has not removed them from my credit .what can I do

getanswers

I think finishing school before entering the credit world may be a better solution to a problem you did not even know you had.

LoanRangerCo

Have you paid off the charge off amount? If so, just call the creditor and ask them to please remove it from your credit report. Since it was closed back in 2011, hopefully the creditor will understand your pain and help you!