Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Karma
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
can i possibly request to delete my close or charge off account?
I was wondering if I can be able to eliminate by requesting the charged off account to my credit report.

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.

All Responses

Results 1-4 of 4Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
1 Contribution
5 People Helped

You can get negative information off

Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I can't remember but thee is some kind of Act that states you can have your negatives information taken off your credit report. However, Your credit score will still show its negativity even those they can not see why. All you have to do is write a letter to the credit bearus requesting that you want this taken off your report They are suppose to comply within certain amount of time (I think is 30 days from the time you have sent it. I really dont know the amount of time for sure) It is Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1970 that was told to me from a friend that has done this and actually secceed getting them removed. It think there are required by law to comply to your request.

1 Contribution
42 People Helped

Request charge off removal

Helpful to 42 out of 49 people

There are certain way to take out "Charge Off".  I have done it three specific ways:    

1. First, you can call them and ask them to remove it.

2. You can write a letter to the creditor asking him or her to take the charge off and please make sure that the letter has been certified and also check online that the letter was recieved.

3. Last thing you can do, is go online to the three main credit site, sign up with ( and dispute the charge off, if they deny you, keep on fighting with them until they are removed. 

If this does not work out you can call a lawyer and ask him to help you remove it.

1 Contribution
23 People Helped

Request charge off removal

Helpful to 23 out of 26 people

In my experience charge offs can legally remain on your report for any numer of years determined by the creditor. However, if you have paid off the "charge off" and have not acquired an uncooperative rapport recorded in your collection file, most creditors will comply with such a request. After a number of years, even your creditors' hearts can soften.

5 Contributions
28 People Helped

Charge off

Helpful to 13 out of 17 people

Much has been close sent 2000 and the creditors are and has been put on my closed in 2011 and has not removed them from my credit .what can I do

Reply by

2 Contributions
7 People Helped
Helpful to 7 out of 17 people

I think finishing school before entering the credit world may be a better solution to a problem you did not even know you had.

Top Contributor

Reply by

96 Contributions
141 People Helped
Helpful to 7 out of 9 people

Have you paid off the charge off amount? If so, just call the creditor and ask them to please remove it from your credit report. Since it was closed back in 2011, hopefully the creditor will understand your pain and help you! 

Results 1-4 of 4Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.