Can I dispute a potential delinquency before it happens? Does Anytime Fitness report to the bureau?
I joined Anytime Fitness and moved 20 miles away two months later. I waited 10 additional months to cancel my membership (although I did not attend) because I signed an agreement. However, when I went to cancel, they could not find my information in the system (my name was misspelled), so the new unprofessional staff told me to write down my name and number and they would take care of it.

The following month, Anytime Fitness attempted to process a payment, so I put a stop payment on their draft. Their corporate office called me this week to inform me I owe for July and August and I refused to pay them. I asked if they report to the credit bureau, and the response was yes. I don't really believe them because they haven't reported my regular payments and a gym membership isn't a debt. I also have my contract and declined to provide my social security number because when I joined, someone's paperwork was face-up on the desk with the social security number clearly displayed. I just want to verify if they report to the bureau, and if they do, can I dispute the delinquency before it happens?

Thank you!