Question

amayfi

Called Medical office & debt collector, agreed pay in full, they going to mark as paid. Want removed
Had a couple small medical accounts go into collections and end up on my report. I went ahead and contacted the medical office, then the debt collector and went ahead and paid them off. Debt collector is supposed to have them marked as paid. Should I go ahead and still put in a dispute to try and have them removed rather them just marked paid. Wish I would have read the part about not owing “them”.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

You can only dispute something that is in error and this wasn't.  You paid and they marked it as paid.  Since only you can see your credit information, there is not much that can be done now to get it removed.  Please take the time to read the articles here and learn how credit really works so you will know how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement  should you need to do so in the future.  The information provided here is for your benefit and it is a BIG help.

amayfi

Thank you for the response. I did send a letter to the creditor stating that I would be interested in the possibility paying these off in full,  in the agreement that they would have them removed as error. 

They replied by stating “as a data for finisher they have agreements and responsibilities with credit bureaus.  They are obligated to report fair and accurate information as mandated by federal law. When an outstanding debt is satisfied, the paid status would be reported to the credit bureau with a zero balance, therefore we are unable to accommodate this offer

amayfi

I really don’t care about the money, just would have rather it be removed so I can just move forward with life.  Honestly not even sure why these were never paid and went into collections.  They were small debts and it wasn’t like I couldn’t pay them.  Guess it’s just one of lifes big lessons.

amayfi

Would have thought that since I did not have a contract or agreement with them and they placed it on my report would have been an error.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next