Question

Horrorshow

Authorized user & credit scores
I recently looked into my credit score since I'm going to be splitting up with my partner and looking for a new living situation. He had me as an authorized user for his two credit cards (in case of emergency, etc), but unbeknownst to us, it has affected my personal credit score. I've never had to use either credit card, and because of that we didn't even notice that both cards for each of us have the same numbers, etc., so it's no surprise that it has affected my score that way.

I just need to know what steps to take to help correct this. My ex will be paying off his credit card debt within the next few months (thankfully), but considering my situation I'm a little tiffed. Luckily it's not nearly as bad as it could be. If I end up just having to wait it out until he closes those accounts, then I guess so be it. Any help is greatly appreciated.