Question

admr1234

Ally -- Late Payment -- Hope for Removal?
Last year, in September 2012, I set up automatic payments for my car lease through Ally. Unfortunately the time period for it to take effect for my next payment had already passed, so while I thought my October payment would be deducted, it was not.

Now I have one late payment on my credit report -- has anyone had any experience in getting a more than 30 day late payment removed by Ally? I called and spoke with them and they said that they can't help with anything more than 30 days late, but I didn't think anything less than 30 days would be reported to the bureaus anyway.

Any experience in general, or specifically with Ally, would be greatly appreciated.

I think the best you can hope for is to continue paying on time every month. Eventually the missed payment will drop off or will become old enough that the good payment history offset is. Not the end of the world, you just have to be patient and extra vigilant about paying on time.