Barkleys has 2 cards Sallie Mae Rewards (which is GREAT!) BUT THEN THEY ALSO HAVE UPROMISE. THIS IS ABOUT UPROMISE ONLY!!!
STay the hell away from UPROMISE. If I could give a negative score I would. I have never had so much trouble with a company of ANY kind.
I have a rating well over 800. I use 9 different cards. I am experienced being with a CC well over 35 years.
1) They first promised Peapod.com $9 reward AND 5% on ll items bought,
THEN without any 30 days warning or any warning of any kind they state the $9 is only for the first time. FIne but they keep the promise of 5% on all else you buy online. SO I continue to use it throughout 2016 another 6 times. NOW THEY TELL ME TOO BAD, it ended on 2015!!
2) They take 90 days to send out any rewards you have accumulated
3) They take 90 days (3 FULL MONTHS) to determine WHAT YOUR REWARDS comes to in the first place: 3 MONTHS! Their sister card Sallie Mae Rewards does it INSTANTANEOUSLY AND ALLOW YOU TO SUBTRACT THE REWARD FROM THE CHARGE FOR THAT MONTH. UPROMISE WILL ONLY SEND A CHECK IN THE MaIL 60 days later. ( WHo in their right mind wants to keep track of rewards from 3 months prior then wait ANOTHER 60 days (5 months in total) before you see the first dime?
4) Their personnel hardly speak English. YOu can get by with that because at least they are patient when you ask to repeat but much of the information you request is something they put you on hold in order to check with their supervisors, as if they just joined 2 week prior
5) The sheer hassle is something is a nightmare. IF you get the right person to talk to, they will inevitably put you on hold until you get the RIGHT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. Just today, the Supervisor I spoke to never listened to my question but simply spoke about what he wanted to tell me having nothing to do with my question. A Supervisor!
Pros: Uh, while it is no longer available they did originally give me the $9 and the 5% when I shopped at Peapod.com which is the ONLY reason I stuck it out this long!! (Unfortunately Sallie Mae REwards card will not reward online grocery stores)..
It is my intention to use the AMEX Everyday card which at least gives me 3% on Peapod.com and completely cut up my UPROMISE Card. However I found out this won't be enough. I have to do more than simply not use the card.
I usually allow my blood to stop boiling prior to writing a review. This is the once case I have channeled my inner frustrationdirectly to every single fact that they simply can not handle like a normal company.
DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!!!!