USAA® Personal Loans Reviews

From Borrowers in the last year

Compare Personal Loans

Check out rates on new loans or refinance an existing loan.

SHOP PERSONAL LOANS

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

May 02, 2017
Great experience!
Anonymous Borrower

I was hesitant to apply based on the multiple reviews I read online. I have never had a negative experience with USAA and use a number of their products currently. I applied online, was approved within minutes, and was offered a rate about 3 points above the advertised rate. I was not surprised at the difference between what was offered vs. advertised. I have a good credit score- above 700, but a relatively high debt to income ratio. They also advertise a low rate that includes a discount for setting up auto payment for your loan- which I chose not to take advantage of. I also needed to call into their customer service number, and had a really great experience. I highly recommend the personal loan product and process provided by USAA.

Apr 08, 2017
Bait and Switch
YodaBob Borrower

It does not matter what your credit score is.  USAA will still charge you a higher interest rate than you warrant.  All 3 credit agencies rate me as Excellent with a credit score above 820. USAA advertised a 2% rate for Excellent Customers.  What I got was a rating of Good and a 4.4% rate.  When I called to inquire what had happened USAA was kind enough to explain that they use a process that involves looking at your credit score and then they add a pinch of Voodoo, read some tea leaves, and then finish with a dash of ripping you off by giving you a higher rate for no reason.  I applied for the same loan through Navy Federal and received a 1.7% rate for the same amount and same time frame.

You work hard for what you have and do the right thing.  It's a shame to say you can't trust USAA to do the same for you.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?

**Annual Percentage Rates, terms of loan, and monthly payments presented are estimated and were created based on analysis of information provided by the consumer and available rate information from lenders. While efforts have been made to maintain accurate information, the loan information is presented without warranty and the estimated APR or other terms presented do not bind any lender. Lenders generally have a range of available APRs (for example, a lender’s range might be 2% to 12%) and only borrowers with excellent credit will qualify for the lowest rate available. Your actual APR will depend upon factors evaluated at the time of application, which may include credit score, loan amount, loan term, vehicle information, credit usage and history. All loans are subject to credit review and approval. Additionally, model year, loan-to-value, minimum loan balance mileage, income, debt, etc. restrictions may apply. When evaluating offers, please review the lender’s Terms and Conditions for additional details.