Watermark Home Loans

Years in the industry

$6.5B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.3

Feb 28, 2021
It's easy with Watermark!

The rates were better than I had expected and the process was not painstaking at all.

Dec 19, 2020
Worst refi experience ever!

Refi was terrible. Took nearly 4 months to complete. I was promised $0 out of pocket, ending up paying out over $2K because Watermark dropped the ball three different times, delaying the close date & costing me more. I will never use them again.

We don’t have rates available from Watermark Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Jul 22, 2022
Not pushy, helpful, and responsive

Efrain was extremely helpful and educated me along the way. He was not pushy and actively worked to get me the best possible loan. Everybody at Watermark was extremely responsive. Don't be afraid to call them up if you need to know something about where your loan application stands.

Apr 18, 2022
Completely Horrible!!!

I'm giving them 1 star because CreditKarma does not allow for 0 stars. Underwriting is ridiculous, slow, and incompetent. They delayed my closing (did not deliver documents by the date), then said I would have to pay $700 more to close the loan because I had several rental properties that caused them to do more paperwork. I had disclosed those properties in my application, and they sent me the document showing closing costs based on my application, so the request, akin to extortion since it was last minute before closing, is a violation of Federal lending laws, but I guess that's OK by them. I then gave them a 1 star yelp review. They bribed me to take it down, saying they would waive the illegal $700 fee and said they were going to get the paperwork done and submitted by the rescheduled deadline, and I did delete the review, but at 5:30 pm prior to that second deadline date, I received a call asking for a document I sent them several days before. They seemed confused that I had already sent it. They really have no idea what they are doing. Although I am over-qualified for the loan, due to their ineptitude, I was left with 2 options: pay cash or lose my earnest money. I had to pay cash. If you need the loan to actually go through, or if you would be sad if your earnest money was forfeited, or if you generally prefer to deal with competent, honest people, then by all means, find a different lender. My advice, RUN from this company!!!

Apr 10, 2022
Owner

Slow on requesting documents. If you need them don’t wait !

Apr 10, 2022
Refi

No surprises. The fees were as stated and they got the loan done quickly.

Apr 08, 2022
Wells Fargo Home Mortage Refinance OK

This was a refinance with same lender. It was almost a great experience. Multiple hand-offs were almost seamless. People very helpful. Got great rate, lower closing costs, transfer of escrow, all went well.

Apr 04, 2022
Good experience

I had an overall positive experience with Watermark Home Loans. Ron Trejo was very helpful, responsive and flexible throughout the process. Would definitely be using them in the future.

Feb 01, 2022
Seamless Experience

As a homeowner, working with Watermark Home Loans has been by far the most seamless mortgage refinance experience. The people, portal, and overall responsiveness were phenomenal. Huge shout out to our loan agent Dezirah Remington. Right from the day she reached out after an online inquiry, till we closed on the loan she was an absolute superstar.

Jan 14, 2022
Awesome

Absolutely awesome rate and service. Definitely recommend.

Jan 14, 2022
1st time buyer, smooth transaction

Friendly staff and not pushy. Willing to the time and give you information you will need to make an informed decision. Not just a cookie cutter loan service they will walk you through all your options not just the easiest for them. They are willing to think outside the box and put in extra to get you to the finish line.

Jan 13, 2022
Best experience for a refinance!

I had a wonderful experience with this Watermark, specifically Renee who helped me every step of the way. She was forthcoming about what to expect and answered all my questions. I appreciated the level of communication and assistance. Watermark went out of their way to ensure I was able to close before my rate changed. I was very apprehensive about the refinance process but it turned out great.

We don’t have rates available from Watermark Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.