Sebonic Financial Mortgage

NMLS ID# 66247

Years in the industry

$21.2B

Total funded loans

Information is provided by the mortgage lender.

3.9

Jun 16, 2021
Straightforward process, good rates, easy online processing.

They have the best rates on the market! The process was smooth and took less than 45 days to close (refy, no cash out). Pretty straightforward process - everything was done online without any significant delays.

Dec 14, 2020
slow process & did not honor rate lock

All of the individuals I dealt with at Sebonic were pleasant, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the company decided not to honor their rate lock. A rate lock is a legally binding contract, and I think it is unacceptable for a company not to honor that agreement, even if rates change. The individuals I dealt with apologized and said that they had argued with management to honor their contract, but that doesn't make up for the company stringing me along for more than 2 months.

We don’t have rates available from Sebonic Financial Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Sep 24, 2021
Excellent Experience! Highly Recommend!!

I've done quite a number of both purchase and refinance transactions over the past decade. I've also used a number of different lenders ranging from the traditional banks, realtor recommended lenders, brokers, and other online institutions. I can tell you from experience - no one does it like Sebonic. They are fast, efficient and their process is seamless. Their online system is the best I've seen from the number of transactions I've done elsewhere. Not to mention their extremely competitive rates and cost. They check all the boxes. My search is over - I know right where I'm going for my next purchase or refinance. Highly recommended!!

Aug 07, 2021
Fantastic, modern process

Everything was done online, no paperwork to sign until closing and they even send a notary to your house

Jul 12, 2021
Refinance

Everything was done online. Easy process to fill out everything and to complete steps. Good rates too!

Jun 22, 2021
WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY EVER!

STAY AWAY! BUYER BEWARE! THIS COMPANY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I STARTED MY MORTGAGE PROCESS WITH THEM ON MARCH 1ST 2021 AND STILL HAVEN'T CLOSED. THEY DON'T DO THEIR JOB AND WILL LEAVE YOU IN LIMBO. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY EVERY. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS WITH BETTER RATES AND CLOSING COSTS.

Jun 16, 2021
Straightforward process, good rates, easy online processing.

Jun 13, 2021
Easiest Refi Ever!

Easy to provide , didn’t need every last page of every document. I did a non cash out mortgage of 30% of home value and have financial assets of 10x loan and 3-4x income needed to cover mortgage. They just needed major accounts, W-2 and a few docs.

Jun 02, 2021
Slow and un-responsive

Slow, incompetent and un-responsive. I started out my re-finance process in January and 5+ months later I am no closer to closing than the first day. Month after month they keep asking for the same stuff over and over again, but don't do anything about it. New month rolls around, I make the payment to the current loan and the process starts all over again because payoff changed. My loan officer who was very responsive in the beginning getting me to sign up has dropped off the face of the earth and have not been able to reach him in months. What good is a low rate if the loan doesn't actually close?

May 26, 2021
Good Rates but Don’t Respect Consumer’s Right to Shop Around

Reached out in 2020 when shopping around and they had a good rate but were beat out and so we went with a local lender. I shopped around again in 2021 looking for a cash out refi and two highly recommended websites sent me to Dustin with Sebonic who happened to be the person I spoke to in 2020. He sent me a competitive loan quote and I was interested in moving forward. I called a few different numbers when he didn’t answer (I had been trying to reach them for an entire week with no call backs) not realizing they all redirected me to him. I was trying to reach a different Sebonic employee for the sake of obtaining a loan estimate so I could move forward with a locked rate. When he called me he had such an attitude and told me I didn’t have to call several times. I tried to explain that I was calling different numbers and would hang up when I heard his name and voicemail. Then he proceeded to tell me how I had wasted his time last time and the time of his staff. I explained that I got a better deal and he said he didn’t want to move me forward unless I was committed. At the time, they had the best rate so I had to decide whether I should move forward with someone who was intimidating me to move forward and commit on the spot before obtaining a locked rate for the sake of getting a good rate. He said he didn’t want his time to be wasted again. As a consumer, I have the right to obtain quotes and compare. His feelings seemed to be hurt when it’s just the nature of the business. I don’t know how many other folks he’s scared off by being so aggressive and intimidating. I shopped around a lot this time around and have never had this experience. Everyone seems to know the goal is to obtain the best rate given that the life of these loans last so long.

May 15, 2021
Cheap, incompetent, but probably still worth it

Best rates, but I missed my closing date due to incompetence.

May 11, 2021
Outstanding.

This is for both Cardinal and Sebonic, as for my loan process Cardinal was doing business as Sebonic. The process was fast, easy, and they coached me through what I needed to supply. The rate was excellent, and very low closing costs with no points.

We don’t have rates available from Sebonic Financial Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.