VyStar Credit Union

Jan 20, 2016
Great Credit Union for NE Florida area
rrosal1 Account Holder

I was a member with VyStar Credit Union years ago when they were formally known as Jax Navy Federal Credit Union. I ended up with another bank only because I was working FOR that bank and it was easier for me to do transactions directly with my employer but I kept VyStar as an additional account. After I left the bank I was working for, my VyStar account was still there waiting for me (even WITH a minimal balance) and I started using it again. The level of customer service, the online banking aspect, and just overall the "personality" of VyStar was drastically different from what I had remembered when it was still Jax Navy Federal Credit Union in that it had grown to create a more friendlier, outgoing, and courteous banking family. The professionalism and politeness of all of the Credit Union staff, from the tellers to the telephone customer service people, was much better than a lot of the financial instituions I had dealt with in the past, including my former employer's bank. I LOVE VyStar Credit Union, and will continue to bank with them for as long as I'm in the area that they serve-which is primarily around the Jacksonville, Florida area and outlying parts of Northeast Florida. I only see more improvements coming for an already excellent bank, with a new Online Banking service being prepped to roll out in February 2016. Easy account/loan applications, considerate forgiveness on service fees (overdraft fees, late fees, etc.), and overall easy access to the services (banking centers, ATM's, customer servce, mobile app) offered by VyStar Credit Union make them an excellent choice in my book and they are very highly recommended!

Nov 12, 2015
Small town charm with small town tech

Decent service, good financial incentives (no fees, easy forgiveness on overdrafts), quick response on fraud purchases, really a great bank to trust. HOWEVER, tech is just not there! site's often down and it does not have the features and navigational ability it should by now. Their app isn't good either, and I can hardly ever actually perform mobile check deposit. Lack of convenience really amplifies once you move from its areas.