Credit Union Reviews

Visterra Credit Union

1.55 6 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Check cashing fees Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

Was given a cashiers check from my sister drawn on Visterra Cu,used to have acct but closed to poor customer service.Was told since I was not a customer their would be a 5 dollar fee and that was a low rate in banking terms.I said it was your Cashiers Check! Made no difference,I then asked if I deposited into my current bank would there be a charge,the answer was NO.So you only charge the Public who give you reason to exist and not the BANKS that have the money....YES, paid the 5 dollars .Two days later given a personal check from my sister for a birthday present,went to Visterra CU on Cactus again where her account is and was told again since I was not a customer there would be a 5 dollar charge to process their card holders check to me..what customer service should do is inform any member writing a check is to ADD five dollars to their check as to cover the cost of cashing a check from someone who does NOT have a acct with  trifling Visterra CU...

Sep 17, 2013 Reply
Visterra Credit Union, stay away

I am 52 years old, I have dealt with many banks, credit unions, and financial institutions and I have, by far, never been treated as badly as I have at Visterra. Their policies are worse then archaic, they are incredibly non user friendly. For example, I lost my job last year, and I gat behind on my truck payments. Now, I have managed to keep my head just above water. The credit union is fully aware of my situation and with the exception of being allowed to change my payment date once, and defer one payment in two years, they have done nothing to help me. Thats at the very least somewhat understandable, however, they should help their customers more. But hears the kicker, they have repeatedly restricted my checking account even to the point of placing a $120 daily limit on my debit card without informing me. Why did that do this? Because I am behind on a loan payment. In two years I have never bounced a cheek and one time I was overdrawn by $2 due to an unauthorized debit, the sum of my crimes, and they do treat me just like a criminal, a second class citizen. These people are cruel, ruthless, heatless, and don't remotely understand what customer service is about. They firmly believe that they are doing you a favor by allowing you to pay them money, thats the way they have made me feel. Avoid these people and you will live a much longer, happier life!

photosuperman's review was:

Jun 14, 2013 Reply

photosuperman(1, 0)

Review by photosuperman

Worst bank

Poor customer service. Auto loan is almost paid off and luckily I'll never have to deal with visterra again! Never get a loan through them! You will regret it!

May 20, 2013 Reply

THIS CREDIT UNION IS NOT VERY HELPFUL, THEY DELAY ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS. THE CREDIT UNION DOES NOT ACT LIKE THEIR THERE TO SUPPORT THEIR MEMBERS

winterday's review was:

Jan 19, 2013 Reply

winterday(1, 0)

Review by winterday

Not a helpfull place. Unable to answer questions and not friendly. On the upside, not that busy, you don't have to wait in line like other banks.

Jul 05, 2012 Reply

i hate this credit union.  If has high interest rates.  They do not work with the customers,  It feels like i a dealing with the mob.  They are ionly nice to you when they want you to get thieir awful loans.

Jun 22, 2012 Reply
Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Visterra Credit Union

Visterra Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution serving anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in California’s Riverside county. Visterra offers a variety of financial products including checking, savings, money market accounts, auto loans, CDs, credit cards, IRAs, home equity, and mortgages. With online banking, members can conveniently check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, retrieve tax information, and access monthly statements. Account access is also available twenty-four hours a day with an automated telephone banking system. Another convenient feature for members are the various online resources including payment calculators, and educational articles. Customer service is available online, by phone, and in five branch locations.

Visterra Credit Union was founded in 1953 as March Air Force Base Credit Union. Today, Visterra has more than than $395 million in assets and over 38,000 members.

Company Details