Credit Union Reviews

Tinker Federal Credit Union (TFCU)

2.85 12 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 12Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
Do NOT get a loan from TFCU!

unless you are 100% sure you will never lose your job. I was discharged from the military and was able to make payments for about a year. when i fell behind i was allowed to make an interest-only payment because they don't offer any hardship programs for people who lose their income. i was told that my account was "caught up" after i made the payment. They were also supposed to unlock my online access but never did. I called multiple times to have it unlocked but would be put on hold for times ranging from 20-45 minutes before i'd have to hang up to go to work. One month later they started calling me because I was now apparently 60 days past due. They don't allow consecutive interest-only payments and i was unable to make a payment in the full amount. I explained to them that I tried to make a partial payment online but was still locked out and was going to pay the other half after the first but they wouldn't accept that. since i could not make the full payment i am now being sued for the amount of the loan and lawyers fees.

Mar 17, 2014 Reply
Horrible

TFCU is horrible when you try to call and get anything done. Every time I call the call center to try and get anything done they keep telling me that I have to go into the branch for that service. And they won't even give out the numbers to the branches. So what is the call center really for there?? To me its just there for someone to sit on their butt and take up space. Just ridiculous. Would not recommand them to anyone.

Dec 31, 2013 Reply
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

New member to TFCU - had a problem with management of account - Easy problem to remedy - they made very difficult by basic poor customer service.  Users be leary of Tinker -

Jun 14, 2013 Reply
Great Credit Union

Absoultely love TFCU.  They are always friendly and helpful.  Great services and rates.  Currently have two accounts with two other regional banks in the OKC area.  TFCU beats them hands down.

Jun 14, 2013 Reply
Worthless

This credit union is a joke. I've moved out of the area, so I cannot go to a physical location. I was late on a credit card payment because of hard times and they put a lock on my account, so I can't even use the money in my account to buy food for my son. Now I'm trying to make a payment and I can't even access my account to make the payment. I was on hold for 45 minutes before disconnecting trying to get through to Credit card services to make a payment over the phone.

Mar 25, 2013 Reply
TFCU just like the blood sucking banks!

If you use Tinker you better not be living pay check to pay check, because they will wait for auto bill payments to withdraw before they post your paycheck just so they can charge you a 22.50 overdraft fee. They will also wait up to four days to post a payment on your credit card. Last of all they will reset your minimum payment on your credit card to zero on the web sight even though you still may owe more money for the month then shut you card down the next day. Last of all they will shut down all online functions if you are late on a payment. How is that supposed to help you get your bills caught up I don't Know, but that is what they do.

Feb 15, 2013 Reply
Life Changing :)

Before banking with Tinker, I had accounts through Bank of America. (I didn't sign up through them, they bought out a local bank that I had accounts and a car loan through. It ended up being a terrible, costly and stressful company to deal with. They lost several of my car payments in the change-over, and never credited my account despite my efforts, and then again cost me money when they overdrew my account when they reordered the debits in 2008. Just got my $20 from the settlement, though they took hundreds.) Dealing with Tinker was a night and day difference, no longer did I have to worry about being ripped off by the people holding my money. Very fair and upfront policies and minimal fees. Very professional staff, was never given wrong information, or assessed any odd charges. Great, great people to deal with. One of my favorite things about the time that I lived in OK, I'll miss dealing with this credit union that I can say have earned my trust. If you are eligible to join, I would definitely recommend joining Tinker. A very pleasant experience. No negatives at all that I can think of.

Dec 27, 2012 Reply
Rude people -

They do approve loans, they will harrass you and send you all kinds of fees/

Employees are rude...

Not a good place where customer service values are important...

Dec 12, 2012 Reply
great credit union

been with tinker for over 20 years. never have had a problem with them. they have always treated me great.

homer4067's review was:

Dec 05, 2012 Reply

homer4067(1, 0)

Review by homer4067

I don't ask much, deposite my check and use my money.

Until recently $200 of the check deposite will be released after one business day,

then the rest after two days. From now  on you have to wait FOUR DAYS before the funds

become available to you. Email was sent asking more info on this,  got  no reply.

That is ok, there are tenths of other banks, quite many will be better than this bad  joke ...

kokopi's review was:

Mar 09, 2012 Reply

kokopi(1, 0)

Review by kokopi

Results 1-10 of 12Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Tinker Federal Credit Union (TFCU)

Tinker Federal Credit Union (TFCU) is the largest credit union in Oklahoma, serving the Tinker Air Force base and hundreds of other local companies within Oklahoma. Financial products offered by Tinker Federal Credit Union include savings and checking accounts, auto loans, credit cards, mortgages, and home equity. Members can manage their accounts online at anytime of the day using Home Branch. Other online services include bill pay, eStatements, account alerts, online printable check images, and mobile banking.

Founded in 1946 by a group of Tinker Field civilian employees, Tinker Federal Credit Union has over 200,000 members today. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, TFCU’s assets currently exceed $2 billion.

Company Details