State Employees Federal Credit Union (SEFCU)

Nov 29, 2016
Awful bank all around

If you try to use online banking, there's a 99% chance their site is down. On top of that they have ridiculous interest rates. Also, if you try to cash a check have fun waiting at least a week or more for it to clear. More of a business than a bank. Definitely would not recommend this **** bank.

Oct 31, 2016
Their customer service is really good.

I've always gotten someone who knows the answers to the questions I have.

Aug 31, 2016
Nothing special, lackluster technology.

I have never in all my life seen a bank that has so many online issues.

Whenever you need to access your account, good luck, they're probably doing online maintenance.

Want to activate your Apple wallet? "Our system is doing maintenance, can you call back in an hour?"

Have had this account for 25 years, the ONLY reason I have it, is because my payroll posts two days earlier than the other banks.

Seriously. I would not recommend SEFCU to anyone looking for a financial institution.

Mar 11, 2016

My husband has accounts with SEFCU which included a credit line. At first everything was doing well. Until came a time when we were caught downhill financially and not able to pay our debts. We tried to plea with SEFCU for a possible negotiated payment option but they do not negotiate. They forwarded our account to a collecting agency right away. To make the story short, they were able to tarnish my husband's wages.

I am writing this to warn everyone. When comes to negotiating debts, banks are still the best.  SEFCU might have the lowest interest rate and best costumer service but when our family was falling apart, they don't have our family's back. There are really times in our lives when unavoidable financial tragedy will happen and everyone else will reach out to help but not SEFCU, at least to us. Thanks God, we did not do our home mortgage with them. We could have been homeless by now.

Like I said, please be warned. If you need a credit line, a federal credit union is not the safest option to choose. We do not know what might happen financially  in the future. It's better safe than regret.