SPIRE Federal Credit Union Reviews

Mar 03, 2017
Horrible

I had Spire for about 4 years.  The first couple of years they were OK, but especially in the last year have turned into the nastiest, most incompetent bank I have ever done business with.  Instead of trying to fix their issues with employees who don't know what they are talking about or improve communications with member, they get upset when you have to call them to report how they screwed up and took your money without justification.  for example, I did not receive my new debit card after my old one expired.  Card services told me to go to the branch and get another one.  I went in and the teller refused to give me one.  So I thought well, I don't have time for their nonsense.  I'll have to get it another day.  Then they charged me a service fee for not having a card at the end of the month.  A $10 service fee.  For a card that they lost and refused to give.  I did get one on the same day they took my $10 but they did not like how often I had to call them to point out their incompetence, to which I say, if you don't want me to call then clean up your act.  I complained to the better business bureau about them and they got ****ed and closed all of my accounts (which had positive balances).  If you want a bank that you cannot trust, then Spire is the one for you, but I do hope you will choose wisely and go somewhere else.  By the way, they did refund my $10 but complained that I complained to much.  Unfortunately, what they can't see is, if you do not want me to call your for multiple issues, stop creating multiple issues that affect your customers, Spire!

As an aside, Blaine was always excellent in person, but Maple Grove has horrible staff.  Nothing can make up for a bank that lies, cheats and steals.  Spire bank=horrible

Sep 24, 2016

I was a long term member with Spire. It was a big disappointment when they promised a three to four day decision on a business loan they took seventeen days to give a answer. I don't believe their business lending department is up to expectations of a small business group.Especially if you are looking to borrow several hundred thousand dollars or close to and over a million.. They are not a good choice of lender in lending big money even with adequate collateral.. I should have never wasted my time with their overly conservative approach to my financial needs.Even with my excellent credit, long term business history and large account holder status was not any help. At the end they decided to refer me to their competitor. If you are self employed or a small business owner, I don't  believe The Spire is the place for you.Thanks for  reading.