Provident Credit Union

Oct 12, 2016
Good rates/low service level back office
dervilo Account Holder

They offer good rates, but I am having problems with their process, for example, I have paid my credit card and they did not compute they payment for 5 day, and sent the wrong balance value to the credti bureaut dropping my credit score by 90 points.

It was very bad for me and impacted me a lot!

Aug 11, 2016
Branches Great, Back Office Terrible
LuckyStars7 Account Holder

Provident Credit Union used to be a star in the SF Bay area. Their local branches and especially many of the staff are still great. They go out of their way to help and explain things, process transactions, and make the member's day a more plesaant one. But I finally had to leave them because their call center "overflow operations" apparently overflow to highly unqualified people who make many mistakes. In addition they outsource their VISA operations to an anonymous outfit in Florida that apparently is in some kind of of war with their HQ in Redwood City.

If you never have to call in this place might be ok but I can't recommend them due to the outright hostility and incompetence repeatedly displayed by their call center staff, the overflow center staff, and especially the VISA people. What was once a great, seamless CU is now fractured into very uneven parts.