Postal Credit Union (PCU)

Find Out More

Ratings by Category

Account Holder Ratings

Reviews (1)

Oct 10, 2011

I had been a member/customer at PCU for more than ten years until they came up with their "inactive account" policy.  I just happened to be in a startup company at the time and had not been using their services for a while.  Apparently, their new policy automatically withdrew $16 from my account every month for "inactivity".  When I talked to their service rep, she told me that they had sent out letters to everyone, which I didn't have time to read while working 80+ hours per week.  They had been taking this money out every month since they implemented the policy until I had only $11.00 left in the account.  I was planning on building the account back up to the $30K I had originally put in there, once our new business got up and running (which it now has), but I felt betrayed by them and asked to close the account.

While I did most of my banking with them through the mail and via internet, I didn't care for their "computer screen kiosk" tellers that they went to.  When I go into a bank or credit union, I like face-to-face interaction.

Rate this credit union overall