Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) Reviews

May 11, 2017
We have the internet, who needs a branch

I have been a PSECU member for 20+ years, since I was a teenager actually. (Go, mom!) I have been impressed with them many times over the years. I have had checking and savings accounts with them, as well as a credit card, a personal loan, and a car loan. I have always felt like they were providing a good product and value. I have never felt like they were trying to take advantage of me like I have felt with some banks. They may not have many branches, but when in PA there are ample ATMs in their network, and they have a fairly generous ATM fee reimbursement policy, I almost never pay an ATM fee. I've used my accounts normally while living in several other states for years and conducted all my business through ATMs or online, including deposits in ATMs, mail, and now digitally through my smartphone. Their online banking experience has been pretty solid since there was such a thing as online banking. I really respect that. I have used a lot of other online banking services and I always compare them to PSECU's online experience. Their mobile app has most of the same features but it a little odd at times.

I occasionally look to see if there are other options out there (in the non-PA state I live in) but I have yet to find one that holds up.

Feb 06, 2017
Wonderful CU with excellent services
inflammatorywrit Account Holder

I'm a PA state employee and have been using PSECU since 2010. I have a mortgage, auto loan and credit card with them and have had a personal loan and home equity loan with them in the past. I also bank with them. Rates are excellent (9.9% on the card, 3.5% on the 30yr fixed mortgage, low 4's on the auto) and I can always speak to a person when I call them.  I have had them approve me with less than stellar credit - when no one else would touch me. This may be due to being a PA state employee though.  Also the mobile banking is excellent, with easy to use mobile photo deposits which generally post immediately.

There are no brick and mortar branches outside of Harrisburg, but their excellent online services more than make up for this. I suppose one criticism is very low APY on the savings. Oh well. That's the worst I could think of. Highly recommended, if you're eligible to join.

Jan 17, 2017
Awesome
makaila410 Account Holder

I have a checking and savings account with them...got a account there cause my mom was a member and was easy to get a account. Always great with all they do