OnPoint Community Credit Union

Mar 15, 2017
Tight Fisted, Poor Choice
FamilyFailed Account Holder

My wife and I joined onPoint, after deciding to step away from BofA. We wanted a family minded company that wanted to help us grow financially, and one day support larger goals. We've had our mis-steps, but on the whole have good credit, good standing accounts, and active use of checking, savings, and investing.

They denied us everytime we asked for anything.

5 years ago -Mortgage planning, we were told our goals werent realistic and it wasn't worth reviewing. This was after setting a pre-discussed meeting and bringing in a binder of financials and prospective properties. We only were looking in the 150k-200k range.

2 years ago-Credit card established for over 3 years wanted an increase from a pathetic $200 card to a $5k line. We were denied. We requested this to help with medical bills for our newborn. He was with us during the meeting even.

2 years ago - needed to purchase a used car, had 2K in the bank, and were denied due to the Target scandal. We brought our credit reports showing the fraudulant charges were disputed and being removed. They dinged our credit and denied us. Again, this was a personal meeting.

Today - We asked to get a $10k personal line of credit. We have substantial incomes at this point in our life, and carry over that balance in savings from time to time. We were again denied.

We chose this bank so they would grow with us, as we built a family. They have NEVER supported us, and it's time to find a company who cares about their members.

Sep 13, 2016
Horrible morgage department.
rlpdx38 Account Holder

wife and I are trying to get pre approved for a home loan. filled out the online application and submitted info on 9/2. No one has gotten back to us. Both the wife and I made follow up calls. since then. I have never ever been treated so horrible from a credit union or any business in my life. There is something definitely wrong with the morgage department of this cu.

May 06, 2016
Unreliable and Overcomplicated

I was with OP for 5 years and intended to keep them when I moved to an area where they did not have a branch. I quickly realized how unintuitive their mobile banking and phone services are. I had lived right down the road from a branch so I frequently stopped in to take care of payments, deposits, etc. because it was convenient for me. However, it only took 6 months of me living away from a branch to switch to another Credit Union. I had numerous problems with mobile and online transfer/deposit functions not working, and had employees with member services fail to process payments that I had authorized over the phone - leading to me being sent to collections. I have had zero unnecessary issues like these with my new CU and am disappointed to have seen OP go downhill. They need to update their online and mobile capabilities immediately.