OnPoint Community Credit Union Reviews

Oct 11, 2017
A caring financial institution

Before I joined OnPoint, I didn't know what made the difference between a bank vs a credit union, but the treatment alone is huge. OnPoint actually seems to care and seems to have policies in place to try to keep your interaction as personable as you want it to be. Their fees are lower than almost any bank and have less fees altogether. If I wanted or needed to, my checking could have a $0 balance and I would not get punished with any fee for it. Overall it's a great place to keep my money, but the online banking is terrible and very basic compared to the big banks. The online banking wouldn't be that big of a deal except that this is how I prefer to do all my banking.

Mar 15, 2017
Tight Fisted, Poor Choice
FamilyFailed Account Holder

My wife and I joined onPoint, after deciding to step away from BofA. We wanted a family minded company that wanted to help us grow financially, and one day support larger goals. We've had our mis-steps, but on the whole have good credit, good standing accounts, and active use of checking, savings, and investing.

They denied us everytime we asked for anything.

5 years ago -Mortgage planning, we were told our goals werent realistic and it wasn't worth reviewing. This was after setting a pre-discussed meeting and bringing in a binder of financials and prospective properties. We only were looking in the 150k-200k range.

2 years ago-Credit card established for over 3 years wanted an increase from a pathetic $200 card to a $5k line. We were denied. We requested this to help with medical bills for our newborn. He was with us during the meeting even.

2 years ago - needed to purchase a used car, had 2K in the bank, and were denied due to the Target scandal. We brought our credit reports showing the fraudulant charges were disputed and being removed. They dinged our credit and denied us. Again, this was a personal meeting.

Today - We asked to get a $10k personal line of credit. We have substantial incomes at this point in our life, and carry over that balance in savings from time to time. We were again denied.

We chose this bank so they would grow with us, as we built a family. They have NEVER supported us, and it's time to find a company who cares about their members.