Credit Union Reviews

MIDFLORIDA Credit Union

2.25 13 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 13Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
MidFLorida Secured Visa Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I applied for this product on the 17th of a month, was approved and signed the papers in a  branch, the process was very easy and convenient.  However it was on a weekend, and somehow the loan officer that approves the contracts forgot to order the credit cards.  So afrer 2 weeks I called them and they checked in to it (best customer service is by their secure message system: you have then a written record of conversations) and after discovering the error, Next day Air-ed my card to me at their own expense.  10.99%, you qualify for unsecured advances in 6 to 12 months and a conversion to their Platinum product, a $ 25 annual fee and you can increase your limit any time you want by adding more money to your deposit anytime you like.  All in all one of the best secured products out there.  I give them an A+ for admitting a mistake and correcting it at their own expense.  Not many will do that these days;.

marinecraft's review was:

Nov 30, 2012 Reply

marinecraft(2, 9)

Review by marinecraft

Cretinous customer service Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have been a customer for three years. At this point in time I have waited over forty days for them to "research" an error THEY made. I have been waiting for this to resolve for literally over forty days. When I call they dodge my phone calls. On the rare occasion I get someone who knows what is happening I get empty reassurances my issue has been resolved and am promised that my card will be sent to me with expedience. This has yet to occur.  Still waiting. Not one time has anyone apologized. Not once. I will never ever deal with this bank again. Ever.

Dec 14, 2013 Reply
Bad Customer Service Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I set up this account so I could pay my car payment online.  I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt in certain areas, sometime it takes some time to get use to a new product... but these guys are terrible.  Right now there is a hold on my check I deposited for 1 week.  I deposit a check and because the account is new they hold your money for a week?  I tried calling customer service to inquire about transfering money from another account and the lady on the phone was short, rude, and not helpful in any capacity.  Suncoast FCU is a much better option if your looking for a local credit union. Their website and staff are 10 times better than MidFlorida.  I will be closing my midflorida account as soon as possible, banking should not add stress to your life, it should be a tool to manage your finances.

May 02, 2013 Reply

Excellent service and hours.

patkullman's review was:

Jun 18, 2012 Reply

patkullman(1, 1)

Review by patkullman

I love Midflorida credit union . I have been a customer there since 2008 and have never regreated belonging . They treat you as a freind rather than an account .I had a few issues in past and they helped me resolve the issues in a timely manner . SO thanks Midflorida

crp34's review was:

Jan 04, 2012 Reply

crp34(1, 1)

Review by crp34

Mid Florida is Great

Mid Florida is the best I have ever used. They are friendly, fast and courteous. Quick loan processing. Excellent account servicing.

sstgermain's review was:

Feb 26, 2014 Reply

sstgermain(1, 0)

Review by sstgermain

Account Errors

I was a 35+ years customer of Bay Pines credit union and never had any issues.  That is, until their merger with MidFlorida CU in June 2013.  The first month, someone's ach withdrawal for car insurance showed up on my account.  It took 3 months for the issued to be resolved to my satisfaction (after multiple trips to our local branch and phone calls).   Now, someone's ach debit for wells fargo mortgage payment in excess of $1700 was debited from my account!  Going there today to fill out yet another form.  Very close to closing all of our accounts there.  Not worth the aggravation of having to jump through so many hoops in order to correct a mistake that was not even my fault!

Feb 24, 2014 Reply
Worst credit union

The customer service is terrible. Managers won't work with you to correct problems. Very hard to contact. Terrible online banking options! Do no use them!!!!

Feb 01, 2014 Reply
WHERE DO I START

WARNING

STAY CLEAR OF THIS CREDIT UNION-MAYBE ALL CREDIT UNIONS IN FLORIDA-MID FLORIDA BANK SUCKS!

GENERAL DISCUSSION

CREDIT UNIONS ARE NOT UNDER THE SAME SET OF REGULATIONS AS A COMMERCIAL BANK.  WHEN YOU DEAL WITH A CREDIT UNION THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH A LOT MORE STUPIDITY AND CARELESSNESS-NEGLIGENCE,  ALL YOU CAN DO IT LITIGATE .  TRYING TO FIND A REMEDY OUTSIDE OF LITIGATION IS HARD BECAUSE CREDIT UNIONS ARE HELD TO  A VERY LOW STANDARDAND ARE NOT UNDER THE SAME REGULATIONS AS A COMMERCIAL BANK IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

FROM WHAT I READ-I AM NOT A LAWYER NOR A BANKER.  FULL DISCLOSURE IS I WANT TO SEE IF A CLASS ACTION SUIT IS OPEN AGAINST THIS CREDIT UNION SO THAT I CAN JOIN,  I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE A LEGAL BASIS FOR LEGAL ACTION FOR ONCE AGAIN, THE STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS OF A CREDIT UNION ARE PRETTY LOOSE.

ALL I CAN SAY IT  - HAVING 2 ACCOUNTS WITH THE SAME APPEARING NUMBER IS CONFUSING AND NOT CLOSIN AN ACCT AS PROMISED IS ANOTHER.

IT WOULD TAKE ME PAGES TO EXPLAIN AND AGAIN I WANT TO LITIGATE ON PRINCIPLE IF I HAVE A CASE

SIGNED

ROBERTO C GAYTON

LAKE WALES , FLORIDA 33898

Aug 31, 2013 Reply
banking

you cant setup accounts online! I had my ssi direct deposited into my savings account its 02/01/2013 9:00am and the bank is not showing the deposit, any other bank it shows at midnight! The gov't said its there! I've had an account there for years!

Feb 01, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 13Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of MIDFLORIDA Credit Union

MIDFLORIDA Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution providing service to residents of Florida’s Polk, Highlands, Okeechobee, Sumter, and Hardee counties. Available financial products include checking and savings accounts, auto loans, CDs, credit cards, home equity, mortgages, and business banking services. With online banking, members can check account balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, apply for new accounts, pay bills, deposit checks, and access eStatements. The website also features financial tools including calculators and a glossary of terms. Customer service is available by email, over the phone, and in twenty-three branches located throughout Central Florida.

MIDFLORIDA Credit Union was established in 1954 as Polk County Teachers Credit Union. MIDFLORIDA has grown to serve over 127,000 members with assets exceeding $1 billion.

Company Details