Credit Union Reviews

Kern Schools Federal Credit Union (KSFCU)

3.35 6 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

I've been with KSFCU since 1977 (35 yrs) and they are the very best! Most helpful with online questions or problems (even since the upgrades earlier this year). Phone service excellent - quickly resolve problems that come up and the real estate office very direct and honest regarding home refi loans. I'm even old enough now to get some things like checking accounts for free. AAA+ from me.

madhattr52's review was:

Jul 25, 2012 Reply

madhattr52(3, 6)

Review by madhattr52

The loans and rates at KSFCU are actually quite good. The only problem with the CU is their website. That is a complete mess. If you are looking for a good online interaction go elsewhere.

AppleRules's review was:

May 12, 2011 Reply

AppleRules(748, 917)

Top Contributor

Review by AppleRules

Top Contributor

Mrs Norene Elder

Have had this account twenty or thirty years. Have had numerous trials and errors that continue to be unresolved to my satisfaction. have had many dealings with Chase Bank over the last year as it is my daughters bank. When I try to campare the two I can't . Chase is so far superior to KS its funny. Kern Schools is antiquated and Fuddy duddy to say the least. Uncooperative, small town, big lines wait forever, Atms that are terrible and hard to operate, just a few dealings with a good bank and I was amazed with the ease and cutomer satisfication they employ.You guys are going down and I guess you don't care. I have switched my direct deposits to Chase as of Sept. because I cant deal with KS attitude.

Aug 04, 2013 Reply

I have a student account with the credit union and I haven't had any problems with their service or having my questions answered.  I called one day and needed help with the online banking setup and the girl walked me through it right then.  To me that is good customer service among other things.

phreakerlady's review was:

Feb 29, 2012 Reply

phreakerlady(2, 0)

Review by phreakerlady

In the last few years, especially the last year, they have lost the confidence of many customers.  Customer service and communications with the customers has suffered.  The new 'improved' Online banking software is quite buggy with many features from the old software no longer available in the new software.  Tellers no longer seem interested in customers, they slump, yawn and ignor comments (positive and negative).  After numerous problems with accounts there is still no resolution, no escalation of problems.  We are moving ALL our accounts to other financial institutions and are in the process of refinancing  our home loan.  This historically great credit union needs to get back to its roots we miss them.

Sep 27, 2011 Reply

Great rates and good customer service.

Jul 19, 2011 Reply
Results 1-6 of 6Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Kern Schools Federal Credit Union (KSFCU)

Kern Schools Federal Credit Union (KSFCU) provides financial services to individuals and businesses in Kern county of California. Financial products include auto loans, credit cards, home equity, mortgages, as well as checking and savings accounts. Members can access their accounts online and complete varying types of transactions twenty-four hours a day through DataNet>, an online banking system. Kern Schools Federal Credit Union’s website also features calculators as well as other planning tools to assist members in their financial decisions. Customer service is available by email, over the phone, or in one of 9 branches in Kern county.

Founded in 1938 by a group of Kern county teachers, Kern Schools Federal Credit Union has grown to over 194,000 members, 500 employees, and currently has $1.6 billion in assets.

Company Details