GECU Reviews

Apr 24, 2017
Dishonest and Fee Hungry

I "tried" to deposit cash into ATM. The machine then Thanked me, but the receipt did not show amount deposited and the ATM dis not give me the funds back. I immediately called and Local customer service was closed and representative I did speak with insured me everuthing will be ok since my cash was locked in the machine and once its serviced my account will be credited. I was concerned because I knew I had payments expected to be withdrawn in the upcoming week. 3 business days go by and every call I made I was told to not worry about any overdraft fees and how my cash deposit will be credited shortly. Day 4 arrives and payments go through sending my account to overdraft. Then the cash is finally deposited and later in the day I am hit with 3 overdraft fees. I called and they said they would credit my account the overdraft fees. Two were credited leaving one. I call again, get put on hold and when the representative returns, told the remaining overdraft fee would not be credited, how he was surprised I received credit on the other 2. I requested to speak to a manager. Once again put on hold and then line drops. So I end up having to pay a visit to one of the branches to get this resolved. And even there, the lady made me feel as if she was going out of her way to credit me the remaining fee. Cannot wait to have my auto-payments updated with the other financial institute I bank with so I can close my accounts here.

Aug 02, 2016
They misapplied payment to get more fees

This place has become a scum place to bank.  I made my credit card payment and told the teller it was my credit card payment.

Im charged a late fee and extra interest for not making my payment.  I pay every month on the same day and same amount. The teller misapplied my payment and put it in my savings account instead.

no matter how much you explain this to them, gravy doesn't care. Just get them more fees is all they want.

Complete BS.  This is why I no longer bank here except to pay off my high interest credit card that they tricked me into. Staff explained lower rate when I accepted it. I was told the staff made an honest mistake. This was after I used my card to pay for a whole trip.

Gecu should really be shut down. Complaints are of similar nature. Account holders keep getting screwed for extra money.